WAAT Dogs is a not for profit organisation. We provide specialist assistance and therapy dog training services in order to support and improve the lives of people with disability or health conditions in Western Australia.
Our Senior Trainer Kay Whiteley is a qualified Guide Dog Mobility Instructor from the United Kingdom. Kay’s successful business Wagamuffins supports assistance dog owner-trainers to achieve Public Access status.
Kay is also registered as an Independent Public Access Test Assessor with the Department of Local Government, Sports and Cultural Industries.
WAAT We Do
- Recognise that our clients have good days, bad days, and anything in between;
- Provide individualised training and support for owner-trainers of assistance dogs in WA;
- Provide WA DGLC Behaviour and Obedience Assessments, Public Access Tests and reassessments;
- Provide group training sessions and enable peer support;
- Therapy dog training for mental-health professionals and schools.